Nowadays, various email clients are used by numerous users for professional and personal chores. But when it comes to Outlook, then it is one of the most preferred email clients. The users are attracted towards Outlook due to its amazing features. The user can manage the complete data including emails, contact, tasks etc. in an efficient way with Outlook. However, Outlook is also susceptible to errors more frequently. There are many users who have faced different errors while working with Outlook. If the errors are not eliminated as soon as possible, then they lead to data loss issues. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to introduce different ways using the users will be able to fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f in a hassle-free way.
About Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f
It is one of the most common errors faced by Outlook users. This error is displayed when the users try to exchange SMTP based messages. The occurrence of the errors stops the users from doing their work. Therefore, it is important to resolve 0x800ccc0f The Connection to the Server was Interrupted error by applying the appropriate solution.
Causes Behind Occurrence of MS Outlook 0x800ccc0f Error
There are different reasons that lead to this issue. It is important to know the root cause of the error as it makes easy for the users to resolve the problem. Thus, some of the probable reasons behind the occurrence of Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 0x800ccc0f error are given below:
- Incorrect configuration of Outlook profile in Outlook
- Any alteration in the Server Settings
- Antivirus email protection enabled
- Network Connectivity issue
- MS Windows Firewall blocking MS Outlook
- Corruption in Outlook data files
Solutions to Fix MS Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 0x800ccc0f Error
After knowing the possible causes of The Connection to the Server was Interrupted issue, the users can easily apply the correct solution to eliminate this error. Different methods are explained below using which the users can easily fix this Outlook The Connection to the Server was Interrupted issue.
Method 1: Verify the Internet Connection
Check that the Internet is working smoothly or not. Also, check all the data cables and Wi-Fi connection to your system is established perfectly. Verify that your system is sending/receiving data over the Internet. To examine this you have to follow the steps given below:
- First, open a browser window on your system and then type URL of any website.
- If it opens, then it means your system is connected. If not, then you have to resolve network connectivity problems.
- Now, right-click on the Wi-Fi connection signal and then click on ‘Troubleshoot problems’ from the pop-up menu.
Method 2: Disable the Microsoft Windows Firewall
Another solution for fixing Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f is to deactivate the Microsoft Windows system firewall, the users have to follow the step given below:
- First Open Control Panel on your local machine and then click on the Network Connection.
- Now, right click on the active Internet connection on your system.
- Click on the Properties option, from the listed menu. Then click on the Security option.
- Finally, disable the Firewall section.
Method 3: Check the MS Outlook Profile Settings
Examine the default settings of the Microsoft Outlook profile. If you think something is wrong with the profile settings then correct it. If you are not able to figure out what is wrong then delete the recent profile. After deleting that, create a new profile and set it as default Outlook profile.
Method 4: Open Outlook in Safe Mode
You can also try to open Outlook in Safe Mode and check whether MS Outlook error 0x800ccc0f is resolved or not. Steps to open Outlook in Safe Mode are given below:
- Go to Start Menu and type ‘cmd’ and press Enter key to open the command prompt.
- Now, type Outlook.exe/safe and hit Enter.
Method 5: Repair Corrupt OST File
Use Inbox Repair Tool
If the users are not able to resolve Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 0x800ccc0f The Connection to the Server was Interrupted error by applying the above methods. Then, it is sure that this error is occurred due to the corruption of OST files. Now, to repair OST file, the users have to use Inbox Repair Tool. To repair OST files using the Inbox Repair tool, the users have to follow the steps explained below.
- Open Windows Explorer > Type scanost.exe in the search box > Press Enter.
- The system will start searching inbuilt Inbox Repair Tool.
- Now, you have to right-click on the searched tool and then click on Run as administrator option.
- Click on the Yes button in the user account control dialog box.
- Click on the Browse button to insert corrupt OST file.
- Now, click on the Start button, the tool will check that the OST file is corrupted or not.
- If the OST file is corrupted then the tool will let you know. Then you have to click on the Repair button.
Note: With Inbox Repair Tool, the users will be able to repair only the minor corruptions in the OST file. Thus, if the Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f is occurring due to corruption, then it will be resolved. For highly corrupted OST files, it is advised to use an automated solution that is OST Recovery.
Use SysTools OST Recovery Utility
With the help of this OST File Recovery Software, the users will be able to repair damaged and corrupt OST files. Once the file is repaired, the utility allows the users to export the repaired OST files into multiple file format such as EML, MSG, HTML, PST, etc. The utility is integrated with tremendous features. Some of them are explained below:
- Permits the user to repair and restore OST file into EML/PST/MSG etc.
- Provide option to repair selective OST files or folders and apply date filters
- Compatible with MS Outlook 2016 / 2013 / 2010 and all the below versions
- No files size limitation associated to recover orphaned OST file
- Extract and recover emails, calendars, contacts etc from OST files
It is necessary to eliminate any type of Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 error as the errors can lead to data loss. No one can afford to lose their vital data. Therefore, in this write-up, we have stated the most reliable methods. With the help of these methods, the users can easily troubleshoot Outlook error 0x800ccc0f The Connection to the Server was Interrupted.